Future Leaders Of Worship
Future Leaders Of Worship
WHO ARE WE?
By God’s grace and mercy, and under the direction of Pastor John Ghee, the Union Bethel RZUA Church Youth Ministry realigned to become known as “God’s FLOW (Future Leaders Of Worship)”.
God’s FLOW (aka G-FLOW) was founded on September 14, 2013, when Pastor John Ghee asked three church members (Carnell Bagley, Precious Dugger, and Lonnice Thompson) to create a primary group to focus on encouraging spiritual growth and worship in the youth. After a period of prayer and meditation, the name God’s FLOW was sanctioned by the Pastor on September 17, 2013, and formally consecrated before the congregation during worship service on Sunday, October 14, 2013.
In January 2014, G-FLOW was thrilled to receive three new members: Sarah Coleman, Yvette Goldsberry, and Terrance Trusty. A few months later, we were blessed to receive a fourth newcomer--Sadie Dugger; and yet another blessing -- Malinda Morton.
WHAT DO WE DO?
MISSION STATEMENT: To nurture, train, and inspire youth to be active and contributing participants in worship and praise God events in the life of the church, and to provide a joyful atmosphere which fosters maturity and fun in a Spirit-filled environment.
WHAT IS OUR GOAL?
VISION STATEMENT: To become the primary “flow” through which God transforms youth into His ambassadors – fully equipped and committed to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:23-24).
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
As God’s Spirit moves, we invite the youth of Union Bethel and the
community to join us as we magnify the Lord and draw closer to Him. We seek the support of our church family
because it definitely takes a village to raise a child.
The following scriptures reflect our values, and our need for everyone
to help us seek God’s face and abide in His flow…
CHARGE TO THE YOUTH (Scripture for the encouragement, edification and focusing of young people participating in this ministry):
1 John 2 -- New International Version (NIV) 1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
CHARGE TO THE CHURCH AND COMMUNITY (Scriptures for the encouragement, edification and focusing of the church being called to support this ministry and has responsibility for their spiritual nurture):
Proverbs 22:6 -- King James Version (KJV) 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Matthew 19:14 – New International Version (NIV) 14Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”
EVENTS / PROGRAMS:
- A demonstrative play designed to help children experience and relive the events surrounding the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
JUNIOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- An opportunity for children to play an active role in worship service
- A systematic approach to providing children one-on-one guidance in spiritual, academic, and personal growth
PRAISE DANCE TEAM
- A spirit-filled opportunity for children to worship and honor God through music and dance
PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT
- Held periodically throughout the year, this event offers children a night of fellowship while enjoying a movie with a spiritual message
SPRING YOUTH REVIVAL
- Occurring in May of each year, a three-night revival geared to rejuvenate and inspire the youth of the church and community.
TRUNK OR TREAT
- A spiritually-healthy alternative to Halloween. Held each year on or shortly before October 31
YOUTH RAP SESSION
- G-FLOW members and professional counselors lend a "listening ear of love" and offer Biblical guidance to children with a variety of concerns from bullying to peer-pressure. The event is tentatively scheduled to occur twice each year.
... and more events are on the way!
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
God’s FLOW @ Union Bethel RZUA Church